Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daymion Hall

Farmers Blvd Crew- Profile Of The Week















Name:

Daymion Hall aka Dee nice aka Big Dee or Big Dame and the ladies usually call me Day Day which I love to death!


Block:

I grew up on 113th Ave. off of Farmers Blvd. which was pretty much ground zero because it was right down the block from Little Giants which I always used to consider the heartbeat of Farmers Blvd. There was so much traffic people wise back in the day that all you had to do was stand outside for at least an hour and you would know the latest drama that went down or was about to go down in the hood. It is so sad that today Little Giants is closed permanently it seems and now it's as if there is no pulse beating in my old hood.


Favorite memory/landmark/famous (or infamous) icon from Farmers Blvd:

Of course my favorite memory out of so many is when Chat's Fish house on Keeseville blvd which we called Chat corner for short got poppin with the game room and such about 1980. That's when my real learning experience about life first began and all I'll say about that is that's when many legends were about to be made on Farmers. There was mad product back then, Hip Hop was about to blow, hot whips was starting to get copped and fly girls were in abundance accordingly. It was a golden era for my neighborhood but unbeknownst to all involved it was slowly becoming the demise of my neighborhood. At the time it was fun and I was proud to not only be a part of it, shit I was thankful to even survive it. I won't name names of the living legends out of respect for their hustle but there are a few who are no longer with us including my Dudes Chat, P Ron, Pratt, Sleepy, Joey Black, DJ Hollywood’s big brother Greg and My Ace Boom Big Bam's little cousin Barry. Yes there were many more that were lost but those were the ones I felt the most.


What I do every day to make it happen out here in this crazy world:

Today I work for NYC TRANSIT which is cool because basically I get paid to drive around my old hood and sometimes see people I grew up with and kick it about old times which my passengers always seem to get a kick out of.


Why I rep Farmers Blvd:

I do seem to remember a time before it all got hazy and street money ruled the day and when my neighborhood was more like a suburban neighborhood instead of the hood which it became and where there was so much promise and there were so many professional people that dwelled and excelled in their everyday life until things got dark. What did happen actually happened and I or nobody else can change that. What we can do is make sure that we take what we can from that nonsense that destroyed so much and learn from it to try to rebuild what we lost and make sure we never let it happen again and I truly believe the power of Facebook can make that happen. This is just the beginning.


Shout Outs! :

Peace Love and Healing to all my Facebook Family - Big Dame


Hit Daymion Hall up on Facebook!
or email him Daymion Hall
Join the Farmers Blvd Crew on Facebook